Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday Thoughts

Yes, it's true--school is out! Although I feel a great sense of relief, it is weird. Thankfully I'm working for Dr. Gardner, taking a ballet class through UVSC, and taking a genetics class up at the U. It seems I can't keep still! That's okay, though, because I'd rather be enriching my life and bettering myself (okay, and making money) than sitting at my apartment doing nothing.

With school ending, though, it's got me thinking about the past year and how much has happened. I've been quite reflective as of late (seems to be more and more common for me lately), and I've really examined and studied and prayed.

I have been feeling a great amount of peace for the past few weeks. I thought it was awesome, and I've been extremely grateful for it. But today in Relief Society, the teacher brought up a scripture that hit home:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God? And now, behold, you have received a witness (D&C 6:22-24).

The peace I have been blessed with has been an answer to my prayers. The Lord hears and answers my prayers. I am grateful to know that the Lord knows who I am and knows my path. He is the greatest Teacher. Maybe peace isn't exactly the answer I was looking for (are angels too much to ask for?), but it is the answer I need. From this past conference, Elder Scott said, "It is so hard when sincere prayer about something you desire very much is not answered the way you want. It is difficult to understand why your exercise of deep and sincere faith from an obedient life does not grant the desired result. The Savior taught, 'Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you.' At times it is difficult to recognize what is best or expedient for you over time. Your life will be easier when you accept that what God does in your life is for your eternal good."

I have faith that what the Lord does in my life is for my eternal good. It may not be the "normal" path, and it may not be the path I had always envisioned for myself, but I know that I'll be the woman He wants me to be when all is said and done. I believe I'm beginning the path that Job encouraged: "Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

I want you to all know that I have a testimony of the Gospel. It may be small, but it sustains me through my days, weeks, and months. This Gospel truly is life.

13 comments:

Jo said...

I'm glad you've found peace. Sometimes I really think that that is the only thing we can have, not really what we want, but what we need and what we get. We love you Haylee!!

Al said...

Amen!

Al said...

Did I tell ya'll that I'm taking a Belling Dancing class this summer? It starts on Wednesday! WAHOO! :)

Al said...

Have a blast in Ballet!!!

Al said...

And enjoy Genetics! You go, genius Haylee!!!

Shannon said...

I've never heard of a belling dance before but it sounds very musical. I am not taking a dance class this summer, although, I have been dancing around in full body unitards as of late.

Jo said...

I'm assuming that was belly dancing?

Al said...

Full-body unitards!? Now that's something I would like to see!!! ;)

Al said...

And yes, belly dance is quite musical...it's amazing what noises one can make with one's belly button. :)

Deb said...

Hey, Haylee...what's going on with your life? New post!

Jo said...

Hear, Hear!!! or Here, here!!! (what one is it???)

Deb said...

NEW POST!

Deb said...

I think it's hear, hear!